Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Book Advent: Our New Christmas Tradition

I saw this on Pinterest last year but it was too late to start so I've been planning all year for this year's New Christmas Tradition.

Wrap 24 Christmas/winter themed books and open one each night leading to Christmas and read it at bedtime!! Genius!! We already read a book together every night all year 'round, but how much fun to open a present every night and be surprised with a new book to read!!!

We actually started on Thanksgiving night and Kendyl and I are both excited when it's time to find out what book we are reading that night.




I chose all easy books, not chapter books. And let me just tell you how fun it has been collecting books! I can't stop! I want to buy every book I see!

I really hit the jackpot by buying a bundle of winter and Christmas books from www.scholastic.com! I got 12 books for $20!!  And all the grocery stores have tons of Christmas books right now. It's not too late to start -- you still have 20 days left!!


And look at this idea!! I'm definitely doing this next year!! Absolutely adorable!
Instead of chocolate wrap up all your christmas books and films then let your kids open one each night during advent. Such a fun tradition which the whole family will LOVE!

Something great to do with your kids or grand kids for Christmas season. Buy 25 books, wrap them and place them near the tree with a fluffy blanket and stuffed toy to cuddle with. Every evening they get to take one of the books and open them and you spend some time reading to them and cuddling.

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment