Friday, August 23, 2013

Meet The Teacher

On Wednesday, we found out who Kendyl's 3rd grade teacher would be. We were so excited that she got the teacher we were hoping for!! And her best friend is in her class too!!

They post the class lists on the front door of the school after 5:00 p.m. and it's a zoo!

Kendyl and I were actually in the school getting ready for Meet The Teacher when the lists were posted. We were setting up the PTO merchandise table and could barely get out the door to see who her teacher was (although we might have found out before the list was posted since we were there, but shhhhhh, don't tell!!).

 
 
 
Thursday was Meet The Teacher night. Kendyl was so excited!! She couldn't wait to see her classroom and where she was sitting.  We also found out that she would be changing teachers for math and science. That was exciting news too! Her math and science teacher is awesome!! Her classroom is so cool and she is sitting with her BFF in that class.
 
Kendyl and her 3rd Grade Teacher
 
 

Math and science classroom
 
 
Kendyl and her BFF
 
 
Kendyl and I worked the PTO Merchandise table at Meet the Teacher and it was CRAZY!! As it is every year. One lady said it was like Black Friday! I'm not a Black Friday shopper and if that's what it's like, I'm glad I don't participate!!
 
Everyone went crazy over the new 2013-2014 school bows! The pink ones match our new camo t-shirts. (Another shameless plug for www.cutiepiebows.com)  :)
 
And I forgot to save a bow for Kendyl. I guess it's like the old saying, "the shoemaker's son has no shoes."
 
After Meet the Teacher, we went with some friends out to eat.

 
It was a really fun day! We can't wait for school to start. Kendyl is so excited and I'm excited for her. Plus, I get to go back to my yoga classes. I haven't been since she broke her leg in April. I'm ready to hit the yoga studio 5 days a week!
 
And I have lost my voice. That's never happened to me before. I've had a sore throat all week and by Wednesday had a full-fledged cold. Who gets a cold in the middle of summer???!!! I'm convinced it's from those rented strollers at the mall. Even though I pulled out my sanitizer that I keep in my purse and doused them with it, it wasn't strong enough! All I can get out are squeaks, a few syllables at best. (In case you didn't read my posts from last week, when we went school shopping at the mall, Kendyl got tired from walking the mall with her crutches so I was forced to rent a stroller so she could sit in it because she couldn't walk anymore.)
 

I believe this to be the culprit -- germ city!!
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment