Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Project Life 2013 Post #18

Welcome to Project Life Post #18!

 
This post is from July 7-15, 2013.

I do Project Life like I would do a regular scrapbook: chronologically and I do one whole page or two pages of the same theme/occasion, but many times my pages have random pictures too. I still do Project Life weekly (really I will work on my albums almost every day) but I have several pages per week instead of a 2-page spread per week.
 

 
Here we go...

 
Full Layout
Volunteering at Lunches of Love
 
Left Side Close Up
Volunteering at Lunches of Love
 
 
We decorated lunch bags. The kids who receive these lunches love their decorated bags!
It's just a little something special for them.
 
We filled snack bags with grapes
 
 
 
Lunches of Love makes 2500 lunches and delivers them to kids in need EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
WOW!!
 
Right Side Close Up
Volunteering at Lunches of Love
 
Decorating lunch bags
 
 
 
 
Our Girl Scout Troop donated over 60 boxes of cereal to Lunches of Love. Lunches of Love gives each child in need a box of cereal every Friday so they have breakfast for the entire weekend. Again, WOW!
 
They also collect cereal coupons from anyone who is willing to send them to Lunches of Love. If you have cereal coupons and would like to donate them to Lunches of Love, please mail them to:
Lunches of Love
P.O. Box 1161
Rosenberg, TX 77471
 
Left Side: Celebrating June and July birthdays - mom, my brother and Matt
Right Side: Kendyl getting her cast off!! And a boot put on. We go back in 3 weeks for another check up.
 
UPDATE: Since then, we went to another doctor for a 2nd opinion and they told us that according to the x-rays I brought, her leg had healed after 8 weeks. They told us to get rid of the boot and for her to start walking!!! She has severe muscle atrophy and we start physical therapy on Thursday because she is having a hard time walking.
 
Left Side Close Up
Celebrating June and July birthdays - mom, brother and Matt
 
 
 
 
Right Side Close Up
Kendyl getting her cast off and a boot put on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Left Side: Friend's Baby Shower
Right Side: American Girl
 
Left Side Close Up
Our friend's baby shower - they are expecting twin boys!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Right Side Close Up
American Girl (yes, again!)
Yes, I am getting a little tired of American Girl!
How we ended up at American Girl again: After our friend's baby shower (they are expecting twins), Kendyl was so fascinated by the concept of having 2 babies at once, she mentioned that she was going to save her money to buy the American Girl Bitty Baby Twins. The next day after the baby shower, Kendyl was invited to a birthday party, but I knew they would all be running around and playing and she just isn't able to run and play with the broken leg. This always leads to tears and sadness and I told Kendyl if she skipped the birthday party then I would take her anywhere she wanted to go. Of course, she wanted to go to American Girl and somehow she talked me into buying her the bitty baby twins. :)
 
 
 
 
 
Meet Alex and Emma
 
She also got the lovies for the babies and wanted their names monogrammed on them. She sleeps with them every night.
 
Full Layout
Blue Bell Creameries Tour in Brenham, TX
 
Left Side Close Up
Blue Bell Creameries Tour
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Right Side Close Up with 8x6 Insert
 
Front of 8x6 Insert
 
Back of 8x6 Insert
 
Right Side without Insert
 
 
You weren't allowed to take pictures during the tour but somehow my camera went off by accident and I got this picture of them making Chocolate Ice Cream and Ice Cream Sandwiches.
 
Our new favorite!! Krazy Kookie Dough! I've never even heard of this ice cream before the tour and it was so delicious! You have to try it -- and I don't even like ice cream and I loved it.
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 
Linking up with The Mom Creative.

4 comments:

  1. I ♥ ♥ ♥ Blue Bell ice cream, especially the Krazy Kookie Dough flavor. Isn't it the best? It's like they took those soft Lofthouse cookies & put them in the ice cream.

    I love how you make each page a "theme" type page focused around a specific event. Such great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like you had a lot of great memories to scrap for these pages! I love the little round journal tag you put in with the frame! I'm visiting from Project Life Tuesday link up at The Mom Creative =)

    Stephanie
    http://BeeTreeStudios.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages - I love what you did for that This Moment card. I found you through the Mom Creative link up.

    Julie
    http://itsapaperparty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun selection of layouts! The Lunches of Love looks amazing. What a fantastic thing to do.
    Really love the American Girl page too.

    ReplyDelete