Thursday, July 11, 2013

Playroom Reorganization

Today we spent the whole day cleaning and organizing the playroom.

Kendyl has barely spent any time upstairs since she broke her leg so it was like Christmas seeing all her toys and "stuff" (I would say junk but she hates it when I call her stuff junk).


 
We went through every bin and bucket and got rid of everything she doesn't play with or didn't want anymore. I can't stand clutter and she's a pack rat so we are usually at odds when we clean and organize.  But she actually got rid of a bunch of stuff.
 
Since she broke her leg, she has really gotten into stamping and card making. She wants to make half of her playroom into a craft room.  So that's what we did today.
 
Be forewarned: the BEFORE pictures are scary. But I forgot to take a picture before we started so this was in the middle of all the chaos.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We still have a LONG way to go but we did get most of her "craft area" done.
 
 
 
And I bought her a Sizzix embosser and gave her my VERY OLD Sizzix Sidekick. She LOVES them! She was playing with them all day.
 
Tomorrow, we will continue to tackle the playroom. We have to make a trip to Goodwill to donate bags and bags of toys.
 
Then I need to finish her bedroom. We started redecorating her room in April -- it went from pink and green to purple. Then she broke her leg and hasn't slept in it in the last 14 weeks because her bedroom is upstairs and since she can't walk or get up and down the stairs by herself, she has been sleeping downstairs.
 
We have a doctors appointment on Friday - it's been 3 weeks since the last doctor visit so I'm hoping for good news and praying that she finally gets the cast off.  Hopefully she will be back in her bedroom on Friday night!!
 
In other news, Kendyl's aqua guard that she's been wearing to take a bath and go swimming didn't make it.
 
 
I almost cried when it ripped in my hands. I texted Matt and told him to get to the Medical Supply Store STAT!! We literally had another one within the hour. That's how great this aqua guard is! I'm glad he saw the urgency to leave work and buy another one.  It's the greatest invention EVER!! We seriously can't live without it right now.
 
Have a great day! I know I will! I can't wait for Friday to get here!!





No comments:

Post a Comment