Friday, July 12, 2013

CAST IS OFF!!!

We went to Kendyl's doctors appointment today and there's good news and bad news.

 


The good news is that the CAST IS OFF!!

 
 
 
 
The infamous, GOOD RIDDANCE picture!
 
 
 
The bad news is that there was not much healing in the last 3 weeks. The bone's exterior is healing nicely but the bone fracture is still there. Apparently, because she has had the cast on for so long, the healing process has actually come to a halt because of a lack of muscle/bone stimulation. So she got a boot and still can't put pressure on her leg or walk on it but has to touch the ground with her toes frequently. We also have to take the boot off to do physical therapy by flexing her foot and holding for 30 seconds to stimulate the muscle and bone growth therefore making it heal.
 
The additional bad news is that we don't know how long she will have to wear the boot. It looks like for the rest of the summer and probably when she starts school too. That just breaks my heart!
 
We go back to the doctor in 3 weeks.
 
But, we're moving forward and taking it day by day.
 
 
 



After the doctor, I went to get my hair done. I was in a really bad mood and didn't want to go but I went anyway. I got a fun summer do - the ombre!  The fad is going away quickly, so I jumped on it. 

All pretty and curled
 
And the way I wear it all the time - in a ponytail.
 
Now I'm working on Kendyl's playroom while she's sleeping and Matt's working.
 
Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment