Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Project Life 2013 Post #13

This post if from June 3-7, 2013.

I do Project Life like I would do a regular scrapbook: chronologically and I do one whole page or two pages of the same theme/occasion, but many times my pages have random pictures too. I still do Project Life weekly (really I will work on my albums almost every day) but I have several pages per week instead of a 2-page spread per week.
Here we go...

My last post ended with the left side of this layout. So here is the right side this week.
Right Side: This page is from our June Girl Scout meeting. I got a little sticker crazy on this one which is usually not like me.
 

Making cereal crafts in preparation for our service project which is to donate boxes of cereal to Lunches of Love, a non-profit organization dedicated to ending hunger in the Richmond-Rosenberg area. It's a great program and the girls also donated a portion of their money they earned selling cookies to sponsor 2 children during the summer. That means 2 kids will get food all summer long. So proud of these girls!
 
 
 
I added a flip up pocket with some more pictures.
 

Full Layout
Left Side: Last day of school! Wahoo!
Right Side: 2 inserts of cards for Kendyl and school work
 

Left Side Close Up
Last day of school
 
 

Pictures side by side of the first day of school and last day of school
 

I did it! I jumped on the bandwagon and bought A Beautiful Mess app. And I LOVE IT!!
I can't stop using it!! I highly recommend it!
 

Second Grade Memories - this book is another one of my favorites. So cute!
 
 

Right Side (page behind the 2 inserts)
Top 2 rows are from a memorial service Matt went to for 4 fallen firefighters. It was a tragic and sad event that week.
 
 
 
 
Football is a big deal around here.
 
Full Layout
Pizza and bowling at Times Square/End of Year Girl Scout Party
 
Left Side Close Up
 
 
 
 

Right Side Close Up

 
FAVORITE picture!! I love that smile!!
 

Full Layout
Left Side: Getting Kendyl's half cast
Right Side: Random pictures
 
Left Side Close Up
Kendyl getting her half cast finally! She had a splint for 3 weeks up to the thigh and then the purple cast for 6 weeks up to the thigh. We thought we were getting the half cast 3 weeks ago, but every week we went back to the doctor for xrays, it had not healed enough. This was a happy moment!!
 
 
 

She picked neon green! You need sunglasses to look at it! haha
 
I think this photo speaks for itself (the cast is in the trash, in case you can't tell).
I used A Beautiful Mess app for the writing on the picture.
 
Right Side Close Up
Random Pictures
 
 
Getting her hair cut. She got 3 inches cut off and was so upset for a whole week! It was too short. She does not like it! I think it's the cutest!! I love it!
 
Finally able to take a bath!! It's been 9 weeks!! We bought an aqua guard and it protects the cast from water. She loves her baths and so do I!! Sponge baths for the last 9 weeks are not missed either!! 
 
FINALLY using crutches!! Kendyl has been in a wheelchair for the last 9 weeks because she cannot put any pressure on her leg so it heals correctly. She was able to start using crutches this week and it has been so nice. She still can't put pressure on her leg so she can only use the crutches at home but it still makes a big difference. As silly as it sounds, you don't realize how much you take walking for granted. Poor thing, her good leg shakes like crazy after she sits down after using the crutches because even that leg is so weak.
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 
Linking up with The Mom Creative
 
Have a great day! We have a bunch of fun planned for today! Come back tomorrow and see all the pictures!!




3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from The Mom Creative. Wow! You guys have had a lot going on! Your daughter does look super cute with her haircut and neon green cast. She's a trooper for sure! I love all your pages. The bowling one is super cute with all the colors and the brown "bowling" alpha. I think the firefighter memorial page is beautiful too. It's my favorite of them all. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love seeing your pages every week. They are always so bright and fun.
    Love the first day/last day of school pictures. What a great idea to dress her in the same outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the brightness of your pages! And you may have just talked me into getting the beautiful mess app, I had wondered how well they printed before I jumped on that bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete