Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Project Life 2013 Post #10

This post starts with May 2013.
 
I do Project Life like I would do a regular scrapbook: chronologically and I do one whole page or two pages of the same theme/occasion, but many times my pages have random pictures too. I still do Project Life  weekly (really I will work on my albums almost every day) but I have several pages per week instead of a 2-page spread per week.
 
 
Here we go...
 
Left Side: New cabinets in my office/studio
Right Side: Kendyl with her friends during recess and lunch
 
Left Side
I've been wanting cabinets in my studio for a long time and finally got them for Mother's Day! I'm so excited for all the extra storage. I still have some more decorating to do and organizing but it's a long process because I have so much stuff. I am getting rid of a lot of things.
 
 
 
 
Right Side
I went to volunteer at the school for Teacher Time Out. This is when the parents watch the kids during recess and lunch so the teachers can go out to lunch as a group. I love to volunteer for this because I can take pictures of Kendyl at school with her friends. She is sitting at a table in the back of the lunch room with her besties because her wheelchair doesn't fit under the lunch tables.
 
We do the Teacher Time Out monthly and I'm also on the yearbook staff so this is usually when I take my pictures for the yearbook. I was in charge of all of 2nd grade this year. All the kids know me because I've been doing the Teacher Time Out and yearbook since kindergarten and they all refer to me as "Kendyl's mom" - it's so cute. Even when I'm walking down the halls at school, they'll say "Hi Kendyl's mom!" LOVE.IT!
 
I highlighted Wednesday on the filler card and put the date here using Photoshop. One of my favorite fonts is called STAMP and I use it for almost all my dates. I also usually pick a color in one of my pictures (on this page I used the color pink from the little girl's dress is the top left corner of the picture) and coordinate it with my journaling cards. I use the Eyedropper Tool in Photoshop to do this so my page(s) have a cohesive look.
 
I also got a picture of her whole class after lunch. The 2nd grade tab is from my new punch I got here. I LOVE it!! And I stamped 2nd grade on it using Staz On Ink (my favorite) and used the little stamps I get in the dollar bins at Michaels. They're tiny stamps and I love them too. But they don't have numbers, they are only the alphabet so I used a 2 from a different stamp set.
 
The girls being silly
 

Left Side: Random Pictures
Right Side Insert #1 (there are 3 inserts here) (Becky Higgins Design J): Crawfish boil at a friend's house
 
Left Side
 
Kendyl's school work (here I used the blue color in her school work (the kite above) using the Eyedropper Tool to fill in the blue in the heart filler card in Photoshop). The heart filler card is Ali Edwards Hello Heart 4x6 Sentiment Boxes Brushes and Stamps.  And here's another 2nd grade tab using my tab punch.
 
More school work
 
Picture of all her signatures on her cast (I took this picture at the doctor's office when I thought we were getting the cast off but it didn't heal enough and we had to have it for 2 more weeks). I used the Ali Edwards Hello Heart 4x6 Sentiment Boxes Brushes and Stamps (it says *heart* this).
 
Right Side Insert (Becky Higgins Design J): Crawfish boil at a friend's house. On the right middle picture above, I used www.shopevalicious.com's hi summer label tags. I just recently bought them for the first time and love them and must get more.
 
Close up
 
Back side of insert #1 (Becky Higgins Design J): Mother's Day
 
Close up
 
Right Side Insert #2: 8x8 Mother's Day picture of Kendyl and I.
My new obsession this week is wood veneers and stickles! The heart in the picture above is a little wood veneer that I covered with red glitter stickles. It came out so cute! I bought some more stickles this weekend and have been using them on all my wood veneers and they are so fun!
 
Right Side Insert #3: Mother's Day card Kendyl made for me at school (heehee)
 
Finally the RIGHT SIDE! Girl Scouts Princess Tea Party
 
 
I don't usually do elaborate filler cards with a bunch of embellishments but something came over me. I'm not sure if I really like it????? I covered another wood veneer heart with pink glitter stickles.
 
Full Spread Plus an Insert: 2nd Grade Book Parade
 
Left Side
 
 
Kendyl was Lauren the Puppy Fairy - a book by Daisy Meadows
 
Front of 8x6 Insert: The Parade
 
Back of 8x6 insert: Kendyl and her teacher
 
Right Side
 
Close up
 
Still with me? :)
 
That takes me through May 17, 2013.
 
 
Linking up with The Mom Creative

5 comments:

  1. Love your layouts! So colorful & cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colorful and fun!
    I ♥ how you include so many pics of the same event.
    Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creative colorful layouts. I have never heard of teacher time out but that is really neat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your filler cards are fantastic! Love them and your layouts! Very happy spreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the way you use bright cheerful colours to tell your family's story

    ReplyDelete