Monday, May 6, 2013

Craft Studio

I've been wanting to add something to my craft studio for a long time. I've been putting it off because I'm so busy with work all the time. I work from home and run www.cutiepiebows.com.  I typically work 7 days per week, about 6-8 hours a day - it's a full time business. I do a lot of sorority, cheer, dance, choir, etc. group orders and school spirit stores. I just couldn't have my studio in disarray when I need to work.

BUT, after being at my inlaws this weekend, I got the itch! It was the fire I needed to get me going. So, when we woke up on Sunday morning, I informed my husband what he would be doing that day! ha

Here is a look at one side of my studio before the project.

 
 
 
 
 
 
And now, here are the cabinets!!
 
I am so excited to have storage over my work space. I have a million different storage containers that hold all my stuff. Along the right side wall (you can see a little bit of it in the picture above), I have all the cubes stacked up that house all my scrapbook supplies. Each drawer had everything separated according to color. So if I needed something to go with, let's say, a pink layout, I would grab my pink drawer and everything would be in there that I needed (thickers, embellishments, scrap papers, buttons - anything that color). It was so easy to make a layout.  But since I've been doing strictly Project Life, I got rid of all my scrapbooking supplies and the color coded drawers. I couldn't believe how much I purged.  And how much money was wasted! Anyways, I couldn't stand having so many containers.
 
Now I have these overhead cabinets to put all my things in. I am beyond excited!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

I still have a lot of work to do. I have to put the hardware on the cabinets and I'm going to totally spring clean my room and get rid of everything I don't need. I have a very bad habit of buying things for a new project and then never doing the project. And unfinished things drive me crazy too! So why do I do it??? That is the mystery! haha
 
I've already filled up half the cabinets! So fun!
 
I will post more pictures when I have the room finished.
 
Come back tomorrow for Project Life Tuesday by The Mom Creative! I will host a giveaway for another complete set of the Jade Edition of Project Life!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I would love a room like that. I wish I just had a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more.
    scrapbooking supplies

    ReplyDelete